9.15.2007

Make Way!


Here is the invite that I designed for my friend Emily's baby shower. I love the idea of a book shower, since hearing about why people chose the books they did is much more fun than playing those awful baby shower games. (Who ever decided that it is fun to taste baby food and guess what it is? There's a reason that only babies eat it.) I think that kids' books are so evocative for most of us- all of us have a book that we remember reading over and over and over as a child, and as we grow older, we associate great books with reading to the kids in our lives. One of my favorite kids' books is Make Way for Ducklings (written by Robert McCloskey, who also wrote Blueberries for Sal), so I thought it would be fun to use that as a theme throughout, since Emily lives in Boston. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I was just wondering how you created this invite. This is EXACTLY what I want to do for my friends shower but finding the duckling theme has been tough.
Any insight you could provide would be great! Thanks.